Enterprise Resource Planning software continues to garner towering importance in managing global business. The presence of one such prodigal software cuts effort by half and doubles the growth opportunities. JD Edwards ERP has catered to the diverse needs of a global organization with great ease. The simple interface has allowed stakeholders to make quick decisions and run processes effectively even when working remotely.
In contemporary times, where remote working is the new normal, executives cannot rely on location-based servers for accessing requisite information and managing entrepreneurial processes. JDE consulting services from EPIQ assist businesses in identifying the right fit and help them implement, manage and migrate it quite easily. Over the years, they have acquired the vital capabilities to help businesses see through their diverse needs
Maintaining and running ERP on AWS cloud is perhaps one investment that will pay the biggest dividend in coming times. With the world moving to the cloud to facilitate quality customer experience and flourish even when working remotely, the cloud is undoubtedly the channel that will empower businesses.
Why Move your JD Edwards ERP to AWS Cloud?
Before we get down to how we must learn the whys of it. Some of the attributes are:
- Comprehensive Solution: Increase performance, transcend expectations & enhance business processes.
- Powerful Configuration: To support growth & handling impromptu challenges or requests.
- State-of-the-art Solution: The comprehensive JD Edward managed services receive frequent updates ensuring smooth functioning round the year.
- Peace of Mind: With AWS-managed services, businesses can now focus on growth and stop worrying about software management.
How does Migration work?
To facilitate ERP on AWS cloud, a series of steps are required. In the primary step, JD Edward managed services review the objective, workload, goals, challenges, and pain points. Once the requisite information is collected, it is analyzed and the best fit is recommended.
In the following steps, planning and strategy are put at the helm. EPIQ consulting team reviews the requirements and shares recommendations for infrastructure, applications, and interfaces.
To migrate JD Edward ERP to AWS Cloud, the further steps scrutinize EPIQ’s capabilities, which include developing an understanding of differentiated automation, technological development, and free customer resources. Based on all the above steps and data collected through each stage, the support provider will facilitate an end-to-end migration plan.
The migration plan covers challenges, the status quo, and a proven modus operandi. With challenges and opportunities in mind, these plans are designed to withstand damages and yet go on to complete themselves. The industry leaders supervising these migrations ensure that all integrations are correctly down and no scope for errors is left behind.
Final Thoughts on Migrating JD Edwards ERP
EPIQ’s JD Edwards consulting services has a proven record of catering to the diverse needs of global organizations. The service provider has battled through technological changes, disruptions, and evolution to build a paradigm that withstands all kinds of tests and offers end clients a memorable migrating experience.
In the context of the cloud, the consulting service provider is willing to go beyond the limits to ensure effectiveness.
Businesses often ignore the repercussions of slow hosting and erratic cloud services. Yet, these innocuous challenges reflect in annual reports, where NPS declines, customer experience takes a dip, and churn rate is at the highest. A cloud service provider should be robust, effective, and agile and offer speed, everything else is negotiable.
AWS managed services have emerged as everyone’s favorite cloud service provider. Year after year, Amazon has equipped businesses with cloud capabilities that surpass all pre-defined standards and rewrites the status quo.
If you are running a business that relies heavily on cloud services, you must consider moving to AWS managed services. We will give you nine vivid reasons to move to AWS managed services today:
Unlike an in-house team, where organizations pay a monthly fixed salary, with managed services, businesses only pay for services or products that they use. Deployed and managed by professional IT experts, managed services are well-equipped to handle your increased traffic or storage requirements.
With a dedicated account, organizations can save heavily when it’s off-season. In addition, the cost-effective solution helps businesses manage their finance better while offering access to the best cloud services and products.
#Minimize Downtime & Improved Reliability
A Gartner study suggests $56,000 per minute is the average cost of downtime. For e-commerce players, rest and slow sites can lead to a loss of $1 million annually. Numerous businesses cannot afford to have high downtime.
AWS Consulting partners understand the underlying implications of enormous downtime; hence they run away from recommending cloud services cheap but have enormous downtimes. While quality services may cost a little in advance, they help businesses save millions of dollars year after year.
For e-commerce players, upselling and cross-selling opportunities are of the utmost importance. Similarly, all SaaS-based businesses want to collaborate with cloud partners that offer agility & scalability.
Agility allows businesses to increase and decrease their consumption depending upon the demand from end-users. In addition, companies can increase their storage quota during the sale season and release unused storage once the season is over.
Similarly, scalability is perhaps the most challenging thing for start-ups. AWS consulting partners can identify the right processes and scale them effectively with AWS cloud services. Organizations with seed funding can also rely on these affordable services to scale their bootstrapped businesses.
Imagine building an in-house team for all server and storage-related requests. The stakeholders will have to go talent hunting and looking for all kinds of hardware and software packages.
With adequate AWS Cloud Consulting, organizations can access all they need from hosting, storage support, SSL certificates, PCI support, and customized configurations with just one click. As a service provider, AWS takes pride in simplifying the experience for end-users, and it easily surpasses all existing contemporaries.
No matter how hard your in-house team works to keep your servers safe, they cannot outsmart international hackers. Global hackers are equipped with knowledge and tools that are not readily available in the public domain, making them unbeatable.
AWS cloud consulting helps businesses work in a safe environment by taking care of all the security requirements. At AWS, engineers are constantly running vulnerability assessments to identify existing loopholes and rendering them obsolete. Similarly, they are also equally invested in innovating new solutions to tackle attacks and data breaches.
#Smooth API Integrations
In the API economy, where businesses no more sign NDAs, they start with API integration; AWS is a clear winner because of the smooth integration experience. As a business owner, you are not required to invest in engineers for integration. Instead, just get in touch with the AWS Consulting Partner, and they will get it done for you almost instantly.
Smooth API integration prepares businesses to tackle upcoming challenges with confidence. Once the integration is sorted, one can aim for scaling businesses and partnering with more companies.
Didn’t like a plan? Want to get your configurations revised? Or change your SSL Level? Well, all this is now possible with just one click. AWS managed services equip businesses with incomparable agility.
With AWS, businesses of all sizes can readily request upgrades and downgrades, allowing them to manage their available resources better. Such agility enables firms to focus more on core processes and achieve incomparable skills throughout all business processes.
If you are willing to host webinars or pivot your business to a new industry and want to access servers or cloud benefits only for a limited time, you can rely on AWS. The service provider offers all benefits without binding you with commitment for years.
Your request can last a month or two only, and AWS will power your site. It will allow you to access all kinds of supports, tools, technologies, and methodologies without charging you exuberantly or binding you for more prolonged periods.
#Excellent Operational Efficiency
AWS consulting partners help you identify the correct configuration for your business, which ensures excellent operational efficiency. With affordable AWS products and services, companies can scale, run and manage all their existing products without any worries.
Excellent operational efficiency is the USP of AWS products, and it is not going anywhere. With the commitment of Amazon, the organization is offering exceptional services to all seekers.
AWS cloud is a dominating service because it has overcome all the innocuous challenges of running an effective online business. AWS continues to be everyone’s favorite cloud service provider with proven expertise and an exceptional track record. As a business, you can rely on AWS-managed services to get your business up and running without putting a hole in your pocket. It’s easy on the budget, offers exceptional benefits, and guarantees quality service round the clock.
In the revolutionary move, OTT platforms ushered people into an era of on-demand entertainment. With technology evolution, the likes of e-commerce started offering free on-demand services to reduce customer churn. Now users are addicted to the power of ordering their favorite whenever they want instead of waiting for it to stream on grumpy ole cable TV.
Are you contemplating opportunities to create one such on-demand platform for your business? Is expansion to the entertainment segment a well-versed part of your growth strategy? If you answered with a yes, brace yourselves, today we are discussing how a Video-on-demand application can be built with AWS Amplify.
VOD using AWS is a platform that assists in the instant creation of a streaming platform. Amplify video is designed for applications that are built on the AWS Amplify ecosystem; which offers easier management of back-end infrastructure from the console used for Amplify projects.
What is AWS Amplify?
The prodigy, AWS Amplify is a set of standalone tools, which can be clubbed together or used on their own to build scalable applications and front-end web. The tool is powered by AWS and is of great help to both stack developers and front-end developers. The fact that these tools can be used in combination and separately makes it even more impactful.
Building a Video On Demand Using AWS
To build an effective video on demand platform using AWS, the pre-required libraries include content management, video processing, content hosting, content delivery, and authorization. To build each of these requisites on your own will take hours and demands a great understanding of varied programming languages.
Amplify VOD simplifies the task by floating a prescriptive streaming architecture into your AWS account with great ease. The agile tool supports the easier creation of video-on-demand streaming platforms.
Let’s go through different steps involved in VOD creation with Amplify
All source files are converted into adaptive bitrate format, which is compatible with the end-user environment. AWS’s AWS Elemental MediaConvert is a unique tool that transcodes all source files and processes them well. Everything in Amplify tool is dependent upon how well Elemental MediaConvert works.
Using a content delivery network improves the delivery speed and ensures a quality experience for end-users. A content management system stores associated metadata and offer control over access to playback. It indexes available assets and serves the audience with all relevant content.
Step 1: At the very first, we must install Amplify CLI and Amplify video plugin. One can use the npm commands mentioned here.
- npm install -g @aws-amplify/cli
- npm install amplify-category-video –g
As soon as the installation is done, it is required to create and move into a new director for the Amplify project.
Once you enter the project’s root directory, Amplify initialization command can be run.
The above-mentioned code assists in making the local directory & it is where the Amplify project is saved. On implementation an S3 bucket is created for the available AWS account, it is where all the AWS CloudFormation templates are stored. The stored templates are used by Amplify to complete processes like resource deployment. In case AWS CLI is not available, one can complete additional configuration steps as prompted by the tool.
Step 2: By now the Amplify project is all set and even deployed; the project is connected to the AWS account. You can start adding resources now. Amplify wrap when run creates designs in specified categories, which helps with the creation and effective management of resources in your Video-on-demand using AWS project.
Amplify video plugin can be leveraged as a tool to ensure support for additional categories. With additional video resources and by creating configurations through CLI, one can easily establish a CloudFormation template on the available local machine.
Step 3: All the prompts will be executed to configure the available video resources. Select the video-on-demand feature and give it a name. On further steps, you are asked to select an encoding template. A set of pre-defined templates are available and you are required to select one of them. The user can also bring in their templates and give their tool a unique touch. At this instant, it is time to respond to prompts such as “Is this a production Environment?”; if you select “yes” here, all your resources will be configured to ensure deployment of a Cloud Front distribution in S3 origin, allowing you to add cache content on Amazon edge network.
Step 4: By now all resources are built locally and deployed to ensure configuration completion. All the videos now need to be pushed through the configuration to AWS. Amplify Push is one command, which is used to push all videos. Amplify Status is the command used to monitor the state of your available resources.
As soon as the Push command is run, Cloud Formation deploys the available resources to the specified account to configure the Amplify. As soon as, all requisites are created and deployed effectively, the CLI will generate output along with the names of the provided input in the S3 bucket created by Amplify. The bucket is created to processing all videos in the pipeline.
Step 5: One can use the resources instantly to push configured video resources on Amazon Web Services. When all content processing is completed by MediaConvert, streaming media output will be sent to the output bucket. If you selected a pre-defined template instead of uploading/creating your own. You can locate the .m3u8 file and play HLS content easily. The URL can also be pasted in Safari or other test browsers to run a check.
AWS Amplify has additional capabilities that can help developers achieve incomparable feat within the stipulated period. Spend some time exploring the tools and create effective VOD using AWS. For more guidance on how to amplify your VideoOnDemand service, Feel free to connect with our consultants.
In 2021, starting a business takes lesser time than you can imagine. With tools that support one-click setup, everyone is capable of starting and building an online business. While tech has simplified things, some products are still functioning with limited capabilities. Is your cloud service provider offering access to quality software tools and applications? Are you able to run all your Finance and HR requirements with the help of your Cloud servers?
Oracle Fusion Middleware comes from the family of Oracle Fusion which also includes the Oracle Fusion Application. These two applications are widely different from each other and cater to unique business requirements. Oracle fusion middleware, aka OFM, is inclusive of tools like Enterprise Application Server, BPEL, BAM, and other process management applications.
Oracle SOA Suite, AIA, and Oracle Business Intelligence are the pillars that anchor Oracle’s successful fusion model. Oracle middleware is a collation of top software tools such as integration services, content management, developer tools, and business intelligence.
Oracle middleware services have a lot to offer and every business should adopt them in near future. We have collected some of the top reasons why Fusion Middleware technology is important in 2021:
- Improved User Experience: A study suggests, 84% of users are likely to go with businesses that top-quality customer experiences. With so much riding on CX, businesses need to shift processes to a tool that prioritizes user experience. Fusion middleware provides access to single window access to all requisite processes like enterprise applications, business intelligence, and information sharing.
- Qualified Development Tools: Oracle middleware is packed with an incomparable development framework inclusive of unified SOA, which supports the creation of complete business applications without accessing software tools from outside. The all-inclusive development characteristic makes Oracle fusion middleware an essential need.
- Incomparable Business Intelligence: With so much riding on CX, businesses have started investing in benchmarking, which is built upon business intelligence. Oracle fusion middleware allows the extraction of data, analyzes it, transforms it, and integrates it into available warehouses. The tool also offers access to query, data analysis, and reporting applications.
- Content Management: The power-packed tool allows businesses to create quality content conveniently. The tool comes with a repository, where digital assets can be stored, optimized, and managed for effective end-user support. One can store multimedia files including scanned images, which can later be integrated into company collateral to help end-users.
- Effective Application Server: A collection of empowering Java EEE application servers to help businesses to innovate without being limited by technological boundaries. Innovate, build and deploy quality applications with Java EEE collection available for free.
- Robust Business Process Management Tools: High-end service bus to support all kinds of server integration. A business process management tool is a workflow engine that embeds applications and supports monitoring and real-time optimization of all existing processes.
- Enterprise Management Facilities: Now businesses can group and back up the grid architecture for effective process management. Oracle middleware solutions offer tools for system management, which when deployed can produce impressive results.
- Qualified Security and Identity Management: The tool facilitates a unique level of security administration that too across all processes irrespective if they are centralized or running parallel. The presence of Oracle internet directory, Oracle identity federation, and oracle virtual directory ensures the qualified level of security.
- Availability of Useful SOA: Oracle JD Edwards is a tool that supports SOA, which consists of useful and effective applications and systems to help and support innovative business solutions.
- Simplified Big Data Integration: The importance of big data is incessantly growing and any business that is not focused on harvesting it, is likely to lose in the long run. Oracle fusion middleware offers big data integration, which ensures fluidity, improves data retrieval and enrichment. Effective use of the said tool can help businesses improve the environment for data on mobile devices and increase transparency in all operations.
Traditional businesses and VC-backed nascent start-ups are continuously innovating and increasing reliance on external tools for improving process efficiency. Epiq’s affordable Oracle solutions are designed with the end goal of helping businesses transform existing processes and add efficiency to the user experience.
With Epiq’s proven expertise, businesses can ensure easier integration, cloud migration and add incomparable capabilities to their Finance and HR department. With Oracle Fusion Middleware technologies, organizations can tackle all prevalent challenges and build a brand that is future-ready.
Are you afraid of the number of hours that you have to put in for IT infrastructure planning like servers? If your answer is a Yes, then you need to consider some serious infrastructure overhauling for your business. Cloud computing platforms are here to stay and one of the key players in the market that promises a complete revamp for your business infrastructure is Amazon Web Services.
Why Choose AWS?
AWS services have redefined the cloud markets providing need-based solutions offering software-as-a-service, infrastructure-as-a-service, and platform as an application for business infrastructure, automation testing, data migration pipelines.
Important features of Amazon Web Services are as follows:
· It offers a secure platform with multiple layers of infrastructural safety.
· It can be availed as required and hence the cost also follows the pay-as-per-your-need model substantially reducing your hardware costs.
· It is dynamic and flexible which makes on-premises to cloud migration transition hassle-free.
· It gives your business scalability by adapting to increased data load and allocating the resources as per the demand.
· Enterprise services such as AWS Managed Services (AMS) provide seamless management of the entire AWS solution.
Why is AWS Services 2021 Unique and Favorable Choice to Make?
· Since its launch, the cost of availing Amazon Web Services has considerably decreased.
· Top AWS services have been utilized exponentially with a wide range of clients such as Netflix, NASA, Airbnb, and Reddit that testifies the efficiency of the service. · Amazon Web Services have shown a staggering growth introducing close to 60 new features in a single year that is approximately a 40% increase.
What are the Top 10 Amazon Web Services 2021 for your business?
- Amazon EC2: Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud provides reliable cloud capability including enhanced scalability. There is no huge hardware expense, applications can function on the public cloud and start the servers on the cloud whenever required. It delivers the business complete power of sources.
- Amazon S3: Amazon Simple Storage Service is popular among large businesses for its volumes of data. Amazon S3 provides an exceptional data security system and enables easy access to the data along with ease of backup and transferability. This intuitive Amazon web service optimizes data organization and accessibility.
- Amazon SNS: Amazon Simple Notification System is an efficient messaging solution by AWS resources that can manage huge volumes of message deliveries from the cloud, designed for mobile operators. Amazon SNS has an Auto Scaling feature that triggers a notification when there is a growth in EC2 instance.
- Amazon RDS: Amazon Relational Database Service provides efficient database configuration and management solutions with multiple database engine support. It provides a cost-effective approach to various tasks such as data backups and hardware requirements.
- Amazon Lambda: It enables code execution without the need for servers where the users pay only for the computation time, making it a low-cost service. It provides the code with the necessary resources for successful execution and results. It supports code written in Node JS, Python, Java, Go, and C# platforms.
- Amazon Cloud Front: It is a developer-friendly solution for managing, sharing, and delivering content at a high speed. It includes the distribution of dynamic and static objects such as .css, .html, image, and video files with zero delays on a secure channel.
- Amazon Detective: It is a game-changer and one of the trending Amazon Web Services that use simple machine learning to detect illegal transactions, and latent security risks. The machine learning code uses statistics and graph theory to investigate frauds in the data.
- AWS Glacier: AWS Glacier is a subset of Amazon S3 that enables data caching with continuous and seamless backup.
- Amazon Kinesis: It is one of the best Amazon Web Services solutions that provide efficient solutions for huge amounts of data in real-time. Data from feeds and activity logs of social media are processed and distributed to the consumers simultaneously.
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud: It is a virtual environment set up on a remote unit of AWS Cloud that provides total control of the environment.
It is time for you to choose the required Amazon Web Service in 2021 wisely and witness exponential business growth.
We love to talk about AWS, feel free to let us know if you want connect with our AWS Solution Architects and DevOps Consultants.