Enterprise Resource Planning software continues to garner towering importance in managing global business. The presence of one such prodigal software cuts effort by half and doubles the growth opportunities. JD Edwards ERP has catered to the diverse needs of a global organization with great ease. The simple interface has allowed stakeholders to make quick decisions and run processes effectively even when working remotely.
In contemporary times, where remote working is the new normal, executives cannot rely on location-based servers for accessing requisite information and managing entrepreneurial processes. JDE consulting services from EPIQ assist businesses in identifying the right fit and help them implement, manage and migrate it quite easily. Over the years, they have acquired the vital capabilities to help businesses see through their diverse needs
Maintaining and running ERP on AWS cloud is perhaps one investment that will pay the biggest dividend in coming times. With the world moving to the cloud to facilitate quality customer experience and flourish even when working remotely, the cloud is undoubtedly the channel that will empower businesses.
Why Move your JD Edwards ERP to AWS Cloud?
Before we get down to how we must learn the whys of it. Some of the attributes are:
- Comprehensive Solution: Increase performance, transcend expectations & enhance business processes.
- Powerful Configuration: To support growth & handling impromptu challenges or requests.
- State-of-the-art Solution: The comprehensive JD Edward managed services receive frequent updates ensuring smooth functioning round the year.
- Peace of Mind: With AWS-managed services, businesses can now focus on growth and stop worrying about software management.
How does Migration work?
To facilitate ERP on AWS cloud, a series of steps are required. In the primary step, JD Edward managed services review the objective, workload, goals, challenges, and pain points. Once the requisite information is collected, it is analyzed and the best fit is recommended.
In the following steps, planning and strategy are put at the helm. EPIQ consulting team reviews the requirements and shares recommendations for infrastructure, applications, and interfaces.
To migrate JD Edward ERP to AWS Cloud, the further steps scrutinize EPIQ’s capabilities, which include developing an understanding of differentiated automation, technological development, and free customer resources. Based on all the above steps and data collected through each stage, the support provider will facilitate an end-to-end migration plan.
The migration plan covers challenges, the status quo, and a proven modus operandi. With challenges and opportunities in mind, these plans are designed to withstand damages and yet go on to complete themselves. The industry leaders supervising these migrations ensure that all integrations are correctly down and no scope for errors is left behind.
Final Thoughts on Migrating JD Edwards ERP
EPIQ’s JD Edwards consulting services has a proven record of catering to the diverse needs of global organizations. The service provider has battled through technological changes, disruptions, and evolution to build a paradigm that withstands all kinds of tests and offers end clients a memorable migrating experience.
In the context of the cloud, the consulting service provider is willing to go beyond the limits to ensure effectiveness.
Businesses often ignore the repercussions of slow hosting and erratic cloud services. Yet, these innocuous challenges reflect in annual reports, where NPS declines, customer experience takes a dip, and churn rate is at the highest. A cloud service provider should be robust, effective, and agile and offer speed, everything else is negotiable.
AWS managed services have emerged as everyone’s favorite cloud service provider. Year after year, Amazon has equipped businesses with cloud capabilities that surpass all pre-defined standards and rewrites the status quo.
If you are running a business that relies heavily on cloud services, you must consider moving to AWS managed services. We will give you nine vivid reasons to move to AWS managed services today:
Unlike an in-house team, where organizations pay a monthly fixed salary, with managed services, businesses only pay for services or products that they use. Deployed and managed by professional IT experts, managed services are well-equipped to handle your increased traffic or storage requirements.
With a dedicated account, organizations can save heavily when it’s off-season. In addition, the cost-effective solution helps businesses manage their finance better while offering access to the best cloud services and products.
#Minimize Downtime & Improved Reliability
A Gartner study suggests $56,000 per minute is the average cost of downtime. For e-commerce players, rest and slow sites can lead to a loss of $1 million annually. Numerous businesses cannot afford to have high downtime.
AWS Consulting partners understand the underlying implications of enormous downtime; hence they run away from recommending cloud services cheap but have enormous downtimes. While quality services may cost a little in advance, they help businesses save millions of dollars year after year.
For e-commerce players, upselling and cross-selling opportunities are of the utmost importance. Similarly, all SaaS-based businesses want to collaborate with cloud partners that offer agility & scalability.
Agility allows businesses to increase and decrease their consumption depending upon the demand from end-users. In addition, companies can increase their storage quota during the sale season and release unused storage once the season is over.
Similarly, scalability is perhaps the most challenging thing for start-ups. AWS consulting partners can identify the right processes and scale them effectively with AWS cloud services. Organizations with seed funding can also rely on these affordable services to scale their bootstrapped businesses.
Imagine building an in-house team for all server and storage-related requests. The stakeholders will have to go talent hunting and looking for all kinds of hardware and software packages.
With adequate AWS Cloud Consulting, organizations can access all they need from hosting, storage support, SSL certificates, PCI support, and customized configurations with just one click. As a service provider, AWS takes pride in simplifying the experience for end-users, and it easily surpasses all existing contemporaries.
No matter how hard your in-house team works to keep your servers safe, they cannot outsmart international hackers. Global hackers are equipped with knowledge and tools that are not readily available in the public domain, making them unbeatable.
AWS cloud consulting helps businesses work in a safe environment by taking care of all the security requirements. At AWS, engineers are constantly running vulnerability assessments to identify existing loopholes and rendering them obsolete. Similarly, they are also equally invested in innovating new solutions to tackle attacks and data breaches.
#Smooth API Integrations
In the API economy, where businesses no more sign NDAs, they start with API integration; AWS is a clear winner because of the smooth integration experience. As a business owner, you are not required to invest in engineers for integration. Instead, just get in touch with the AWS Consulting Partner, and they will get it done for you almost instantly.
Smooth API integration prepares businesses to tackle upcoming challenges with confidence. Once the integration is sorted, one can aim for scaling businesses and partnering with more companies.
Didn’t like a plan? Want to get your configurations revised? Or change your SSL Level? Well, all this is now possible with just one click. AWS managed services equip businesses with incomparable agility.
With AWS, businesses of all sizes can readily request upgrades and downgrades, allowing them to manage their available resources better. Such agility enables firms to focus more on core processes and achieve incomparable skills throughout all business processes.
If you are willing to host webinars or pivot your business to a new industry and want to access servers or cloud benefits only for a limited time, you can rely on AWS. The service provider offers all benefits without binding you with commitment for years.
Your request can last a month or two only, and AWS will power your site. It will allow you to access all kinds of supports, tools, technologies, and methodologies without charging you exuberantly or binding you for more prolonged periods.
#Excellent Operational Efficiency
AWS consulting partners help you identify the correct configuration for your business, which ensures excellent operational efficiency. With affordable AWS products and services, companies can scale, run and manage all their existing products without any worries.
Excellent operational efficiency is the USP of AWS products, and it is not going anywhere. With the commitment of Amazon, the organization is offering exceptional services to all seekers.
AWS cloud is a dominating service because it has overcome all the innocuous challenges of running an effective online business. AWS continues to be everyone’s favorite cloud service provider with proven expertise and an exceptional track record. As a business, you can rely on AWS-managed services to get your business up and running without putting a hole in your pocket. It’s easy on the budget, offers exceptional benefits, and guarantees quality service round the clock.
In the revolutionary move, OTT platforms ushered people into an era of on-demand entertainment. With technology evolution, the likes of e-commerce started offering free on-demand services to reduce customer churn. Now users are addicted to the power of ordering their favorite whenever they want instead of waiting for it to stream on grumpy ole cable TV.
Are you contemplating opportunities to create one such on-demand platform for your business? Is expansion to the entertainment segment a well-versed part of your growth strategy? If you answered with a yes, brace yourselves, today we are discussing how a Video-on-demand application can be built with AWS Amplify.
VOD using AWS is a platform that assists in the instant creation of a streaming platform. Amplify video is designed for applications that are built on the AWS Amplify ecosystem; which offers easier management of back-end infrastructure from the console used for Amplify projects.
What is AWS Amplify?
The prodigy, AWS Amplify is a set of standalone tools, which can be clubbed together or used on their own to build scalable applications and front-end web. The tool is powered by AWS and is of great help to both stack developers and front-end developers. The fact that these tools can be used in combination and separately makes it even more impactful.
Building a Video On Demand Using AWS
To build an effective video on demand platform using AWS, the pre-required libraries include content management, video processing, content hosting, content delivery, and authorization. To build each of these requisites on your own will take hours and demands a great understanding of varied programming languages.
Amplify VOD simplifies the task by floating a prescriptive streaming architecture into your AWS account with great ease. The agile tool supports the easier creation of video-on-demand streaming platforms.
Let’s go through different steps involved in VOD creation with Amplify
All source files are converted into adaptive bitrate format, which is compatible with the end-user environment. AWS’s AWS Elemental MediaConvert is a unique tool that transcodes all source files and processes them well. Everything in Amplify tool is dependent upon how well Elemental MediaConvert works.
Using a content delivery network improves the delivery speed and ensures a quality experience for end-users. A content management system stores associated metadata and offer control over access to playback. It indexes available assets and serves the audience with all relevant content.
Step 1: At the very first, we must install Amplify CLI and Amplify video plugin. One can use the npm commands mentioned here.
- npm install -g @aws-amplify/cli
- npm install amplify-category-video –g
As soon as the installation is done, it is required to create and move into a new director for the Amplify project.
Once you enter the project’s root directory, Amplify initialization command can be run.
The above-mentioned code assists in making the local directory & it is where the Amplify project is saved. On implementation an S3 bucket is created for the available AWS account, it is where all the AWS CloudFormation templates are stored. The stored templates are used by Amplify to complete processes like resource deployment. In case AWS CLI is not available, one can complete additional configuration steps as prompted by the tool.
Step 2: By now the Amplify project is all set and even deployed; the project is connected to the AWS account. You can start adding resources now. Amplify wrap when run creates designs in specified categories, which helps with the creation and effective management of resources in your Video-on-demand using AWS project.
Amplify video plugin can be leveraged as a tool to ensure support for additional categories. With additional video resources and by creating configurations through CLI, one can easily establish a CloudFormation template on the available local machine.
Step 3: All the prompts will be executed to configure the available video resources. Select the video-on-demand feature and give it a name. On further steps, you are asked to select an encoding template. A set of pre-defined templates are available and you are required to select one of them. The user can also bring in their templates and give their tool a unique touch. At this instant, it is time to respond to prompts such as “Is this a production Environment?”; if you select “yes” here, all your resources will be configured to ensure deployment of a Cloud Front distribution in S3 origin, allowing you to add cache content on Amazon edge network.
Step 4: By now all resources are built locally and deployed to ensure configuration completion. All the videos now need to be pushed through the configuration to AWS. Amplify Push is one command, which is used to push all videos. Amplify Status is the command used to monitor the state of your available resources.
As soon as the Push command is run, Cloud Formation deploys the available resources to the specified account to configure the Amplify. As soon as, all requisites are created and deployed effectively, the CLI will generate output along with the names of the provided input in the S3 bucket created by Amplify. The bucket is created to processing all videos in the pipeline.
Step 5: One can use the resources instantly to push configured video resources on Amazon Web Services. When all content processing is completed by MediaConvert, streaming media output will be sent to the output bucket. If you selected a pre-defined template instead of uploading/creating your own. You can locate the .m3u8 file and play HLS content easily. The URL can also be pasted in Safari or other test browsers to run a check.
AWS Amplify has additional capabilities that can help developers achieve incomparable feat within the stipulated period. Spend some time exploring the tools and create effective VOD using AWS. For more guidance on how to amplify your VideoOnDemand service, Feel free to connect with our consultants.
In 2021, starting a business takes lesser time than you can imagine. With tools that support one-click setup, everyone is capable of starting and building an online business. While tech has simplified things, some products are still functioning with limited capabilities. Is your cloud service provider offering access to quality software tools and applications? Are you able to run all your Finance and HR requirements with the help of your Cloud servers?
Oracle Fusion Middleware comes from the family of Oracle Fusion which also includes the Oracle Fusion Application. These two applications are widely different from each other and cater to unique business requirements. Oracle fusion middleware, aka OFM, is inclusive of tools like Enterprise Application Server, BPEL, BAM, and other process management applications.
Oracle SOA Suite, AIA, and Oracle Business Intelligence are the pillars that anchor Oracle’s successful fusion model. Oracle middleware is a collation of top software tools such as integration services, content management, developer tools, and business intelligence.
Oracle middleware services have a lot to offer and every business should adopt them in near future. We have collected some of the top reasons why Fusion Middleware technology is important in 2021:
- Improved User Experience: A study suggests, 84% of users are likely to go with businesses that top-quality customer experiences. With so much riding on CX, businesses need to shift processes to a tool that prioritizes user experience. Fusion middleware provides access to single window access to all requisite processes like enterprise applications, business intelligence, and information sharing.
- Qualified Development Tools: Oracle middleware is packed with an incomparable development framework inclusive of unified SOA, which supports the creation of complete business applications without accessing software tools from outside. The all-inclusive development characteristic makes Oracle fusion middleware an essential need.
- Incomparable Business Intelligence: With so much riding on CX, businesses have started investing in benchmarking, which is built upon business intelligence. Oracle fusion middleware allows the extraction of data, analyzes it, transforms it, and integrates it into available warehouses. The tool also offers access to query, data analysis, and reporting applications.
- Content Management: The power-packed tool allows businesses to create quality content conveniently. The tool comes with a repository, where digital assets can be stored, optimized, and managed for effective end-user support. One can store multimedia files including scanned images, which can later be integrated into company collateral to help end-users.
- Effective Application Server: A collection of empowering Java EEE application servers to help businesses to innovate without being limited by technological boundaries. Innovate, build and deploy quality applications with Java EEE collection available for free.
- Robust Business Process Management Tools: High-end service bus to support all kinds of server integration. A business process management tool is a workflow engine that embeds applications and supports monitoring and real-time optimization of all existing processes.
- Enterprise Management Facilities: Now businesses can group and back up the grid architecture for effective process management. Oracle middleware solutions offer tools for system management, which when deployed can produce impressive results.
- Qualified Security and Identity Management: The tool facilitates a unique level of security administration that too across all processes irrespective if they are centralized or running parallel. The presence of Oracle internet directory, Oracle identity federation, and oracle virtual directory ensures the qualified level of security.
- Availability of Useful SOA: Oracle JD Edwards is a tool that supports SOA, which consists of useful and effective applications and systems to help and support innovative business solutions.
- Simplified Big Data Integration: The importance of big data is incessantly growing and any business that is not focused on harvesting it, is likely to lose in the long run. Oracle fusion middleware offers big data integration, which ensures fluidity, improves data retrieval and enrichment. Effective use of the said tool can help businesses improve the environment for data on mobile devices and increase transparency in all operations.
Traditional businesses and VC-backed nascent start-ups are continuously innovating and increasing reliance on external tools for improving process efficiency. Epiq’s affordable Oracle solutions are designed with the end goal of helping businesses transform existing processes and add efficiency to the user experience.
With Epiq’s proven expertise, businesses can ensure easier integration, cloud migration and add incomparable capabilities to their Finance and HR department. With Oracle Fusion Middleware technologies, organizations can tackle all prevalent challenges and build a brand that is future-ready.
Are you afraid of the number of hours that you have to put in for IT infrastructure planning like servers? If your answer is a Yes, then you need to consider some serious infrastructure overhauling for your business. Cloud computing platforms are here to stay and one of the key players in the market that promises a complete revamp for your business infrastructure is Amazon Web Services.
Why Choose AWS?
AWS services have redefined the cloud markets providing need-based solutions offering software-as-a-service, infrastructure-as-a-service, and platform as an application for business infrastructure, automation testing, data migration pipelines.
Important features of Amazon Web Services are as follows:
· It offers a secure platform with multiple layers of infrastructural safety.
· It can be availed as required and hence the cost also follows the pay-as-per-your-need model substantially reducing your hardware costs.
· It is dynamic and flexible which makes on-premises to cloud migration transition hassle-free.
· It gives your business scalability by adapting to increased data load and allocating the resources as per the demand.
· Enterprise services such as AWS Managed Services (AMS) provide seamless management of the entire AWS solution.
Why is AWS Services 2021 Unique and Favorable Choice to Make?
· Since its launch, the cost of availing Amazon Web Services has considerably decreased.
· Top AWS services have been utilized exponentially with a wide range of clients such as Netflix, NASA, Airbnb, and Reddit that testifies the efficiency of the service. · Amazon Web Services have shown a staggering growth introducing close to 60 new features in a single year that is approximately a 40% increase.
What are the Top 10 Amazon Web Services 2021 for your business?
- Amazon EC2: Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud provides reliable cloud capability including enhanced scalability. There is no huge hardware expense, applications can function on the public cloud and start the servers on the cloud whenever required. It delivers the business complete power of sources.
- Amazon S3: Amazon Simple Storage Service is popular among large businesses for its volumes of data. Amazon S3 provides an exceptional data security system and enables easy access to the data along with ease of backup and transferability. This intuitive Amazon web service optimizes data organization and accessibility.
- Amazon SNS: Amazon Simple Notification System is an efficient messaging solution by AWS resources that can manage huge volumes of message deliveries from the cloud, designed for mobile operators. Amazon SNS has an Auto Scaling feature that triggers a notification when there is a growth in EC2 instance.
- Amazon RDS: Amazon Relational Database Service provides efficient database configuration and management solutions with multiple database engine support. It provides a cost-effective approach to various tasks such as data backups and hardware requirements.
- Amazon Lambda: It enables code execution without the need for servers where the users pay only for the computation time, making it a low-cost service. It provides the code with the necessary resources for successful execution and results. It supports code written in Node JS, Python, Java, Go, and C# platforms.
- Amazon Cloud Front: It is a developer-friendly solution for managing, sharing, and delivering content at a high speed. It includes the distribution of dynamic and static objects such as .css, .html, image, and video files with zero delays on a secure channel.
- Amazon Detective: It is a game-changer and one of the trending Amazon Web Services that use simple machine learning to detect illegal transactions, and latent security risks. The machine learning code uses statistics and graph theory to investigate frauds in the data.
- AWS Glacier: AWS Glacier is a subset of Amazon S3 that enables data caching with continuous and seamless backup.
- Amazon Kinesis: It is one of the best Amazon Web Services solutions that provide efficient solutions for huge amounts of data in real-time. Data from feeds and activity logs of social media are processed and distributed to the consumers simultaneously.
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud: It is a virtual environment set up on a remote unit of AWS Cloud that provides total control of the environment.
It is time for you to choose the required Amazon Web Service in 2021 wisely and witness exponential business growth.
We love to talk about AWS, feel free to let us know if you want connect with our AWS Solution Architects and DevOps Consultants.
Employees have started working remotely, is your company still relying on location-based servers? Does your company host an array of ERPs and CRMs on the servers located at your office?
Yes, all these questions are crucial now. The world is moving at a rapid pace; COVID-19 has accelerated tech adoption across all industries. Increased penetration of 4G/5G services is aiding such tech adoption. Hosting a pool of tools and services on the cloud allows businesses to follow the asset-light model and also aids with faster access to tools and information.
Apart from agility, other benefits cloud migration provides include cost-saving, improved speed, and easier scalability. Let’s traverse through a decorated list of the top 10 reasons why moving to the cloud is inevitable:
1. Opens a New World: Yes! Unlike location-based servers, which have their limitations, these clouds are allowing businesses to conduct an audit, stream programs, or access relevant information while being on the move. Businesses are no more limited by their infrastructure. They are free to fly and achieve greater heights.
2. Enhanced Data Storage Capacity: When businesses maintain servers at their location, they need to procure hardware, wire, and integration tools, every time they want to increase their storage capacity. Once the data is moved to the cloud with help from cloud migration platforms, businesses can request more storage and they will get it instantly. The service provider takes all the pain of adding hardware and maintaining them.
3. Cost-Effective Solution: Maintaining a server room requires enterprises to hire engineers who can work in swift to ensure all servers are up and running. The additional cost of cooling these servers is forgone when migrating to the cloud. The cost-effective cloud solution is fuelling nascent start-ups with the ability to take on traditional businesses.
4. One Time Investment: If your company hosts a lot of servers at a physical location, you are required to get in touch with JDE consulting services and pay them once. They will help you move all your required data to the cloud servers and establish a paradigm that runs on its own.
5. Overcome Integration Challenges: Oracle JDE upgrade services help enterprises move their data from physical servers to the cloud, once it is done, it is final. It requires no more integration and no maintenance. The cloud company will take care of the entire process and ensure timely maintenance.
6. Makes Innovation a Possibility: Often businesses are limited by the capabilities of physical servers, cloud servers allow stakeholders to try new things without worrying about adding more servers. They can rent more space and experiment with new products or SaaS entities.
7. Improves Revenue Opportunities: In contemporary times, businesses are willing to collaborate with organizations that are using state-of-the-art tech like clouds. Moving your Oracle JD Edwards to the cloud will help other organizations identify your business as a right fit for partnership.
8. Additional Security Layers: All cloud service providers have fulfilled PCI DSS requirements for several successive years. By locating your valuable data on such platforms, you are ensuring that all cardholder information is safe and secure. Such benefits can work as a hedge against your competitors.
9. Computational Power on Demand: Let alone space, as a business you can also request additional computation powers to run new programs or tools. Such on-demand services allow enterprises to attack their dreams without limitations. Moving to the cloud is like unlocking super-powers you never imagined exists.
10. Improves Business Focus: Maintaining a server room on your own requires businesses to invest in engineers, coolers, maintenance staff, and compliances. Once the valuable data is moved to the cloud, businesses can use all the available bandwidth to improve core processes or products.
Final Thoughts on Cloud Migration
Moving to the cloud could be easily one of the best decisions you will make as a business. It establishes your brand as a tech-savvy business and helps millennials resonate with your idea leading to a loyal user base.
With affordable cloud management services from Epiq, you can ensure that all your crucial user data is moved to the cloud with great ease. The one-time investment in cloud migration is likely to pay the biggest dividend.
Cloud has become supernormal as every other company considering revolutionizing their business values by cloud computing technology. From software, infrastructures, product services to the operating systems all are making their way to cloud migration. In recent times, the top cloud providers are AWS (Amazon webs services), Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud, and Google Cloud offer their services to help the enterprises to grow more with the cloud managed services. Therefore, every cloud service provider is working to increase the competitive edges in the market.
The model type from tradition ERP to cloud based ERP deployment, whatever you choose can have a significant impact on your business objectives. Cloud-hosted ERP in Cloud Migration is way more beneficial for your business growth than the traditional ERP model. According to the recent survey, the organizations that move their ERP applications to the cloud experienced 55% reduced costs of operations, 64% increment in productivity, and 96% reductions in downtime.
The decision of adopting a Cloud-based ERP application cloud will make a great difference for your organization. Here are the following 7 major advantages of cloud-based ERP application that give you the confidence to migrate to the cloud, if you already have not done.
Why Go for Cloud-based ERP application? Let’s find out.
- Less Upfront Cost: The upfront costs for on-site infrastructure are a real pain for small and mid-size organizations. Cloud migration of ERP applications avoids upfront costs for infrastructure in your organization. This technology offers cost-effective alternative solutions and eliminates the necessity for on-premise hardware.
- Reduce In-house Staff Efforts: Cloud migration can offer a major impact on the internal IT team of any organization. Cloud ERP usually takes less time and effort from your internal IT team. They will have fewer day-to-day maintenance tasks to worry about like hardware upkeep, Updates & upgrades, and product support.
- Easy Accessibility and Scalability: As cloud-based ERP applications are connected to the internet that makes the ERP applications easy to access for the users anytime, anywhere. As the time requires demand the remote access for the employees and this type of system allows the most of its benefits to have and your business keep running while being on the run.
- Responsive Agility: Agility is one of the most crucial features to achieve. Organizations invest in a robust IT infrastructure to optimize and scale as needed. Cloud integration ensures to make business more agile by committing responsiveness and creating more valuable and reasonable solutions.
- Faster Implementation: Implementation of a cloud-based ERP system is faster than on-premise ERP systems. The configuration for cloud ERP can be done within 24 hours by the cloud service providers. Your organization is relieved from performing the implementation and can focus on business transformation.
- Enhances Operational Efficiency: Every organization wants to improve its operational efficiency. Therefore, to achieve their operation efficiency improvement, many enterprises prefer cloud-based ERP applications. These cloud-based applications offer transparency, cost-effective solutions, and customer-centric solutions. It’s not hidden that cost reduction and time efficiency both come from operational excellence.
- More Security and Data Prevention: Data security is a primary concern for every organization. Cloud-based ERP vendors deliver high-end security and compliance that is not possible to have in-house. The features such as data encryption, Malware protection, disaster faster recovery, monitoring response time, continuous backups efficiently can obtain in cloud ERP.
Cloud Migration in a Nutshell:
Cloud ERP system offers ample benefits that help to grow your business but it solely depends on the type of business you have and your vision for growing that business. Before incorporating this technology into your business model, enquire about the cloud-based service providers. Professional services firms offer AWS cloud consulting, Oracle cloud, Microsoft Azure guidance to help their customers with cloud migration.
6 Steps to Painless Accounts Payable Automation
Automation no longer is a matter of why, but a question of when for most payables departments.
Digital technologies such as intelligent data capture, workflow automation and seamless ERP application integration, such as JD Edwards, is significantly cheaper, more accurate, faster, more transparent and less vulnerable to compliance risks than manual and semi-automated processes.
But many accounts payable departments perceive automation projects as being painful.
Automating accounts payable doesn’t need to be a painful process if you follow the six steps below.
STEP #1: Analyze.
Diagnosing your pain points is the first step towards painless accounts payable automation. This information will ensure your business case presents a sound problem- and solution-based premise.
For instance, Ardent Partners reports that accounts payable departments are challenged by:
- Poor information access
- High costs
- Too many exceptions
- Lost invoices
- Missed early payment discounts
Uncover your department’s invoice processing pain points by identifying and documenting the workflows that are now in place, and the challenges and hidden costs that are tied to each one.
STEP #2: Engage.
There are many reasons that accounts payable departments automate.
Achieving real-time visibility into accounts payable data, better aligning accounts payable with procurement, and capturing more early payment discounts are three priorities, Ardent Partners finds.
Setting clear objectives early-on helps ensure that a project stays on track.
Form a project management team that includes stakeholders from departments such as information technology, finance and accounting, procurement, human resources and sales and marketing. Create a prioritized list of objectives based on the business needs of these stakeholders. Be sure to solicit feedback on the objectives from front-line users such as travelers, managers and accountants.
Defining objectives will help you measure results, galvanize user support and avoid confusion later.
STEP #3: Evaluate.
Confusion about technologies is a big reason many payables departments haven’t automated.
While payables leaders don’t need to become an expert in each technology that they deploy, they need to make sure that prospective partners will meet their objectives from a technical standpoint.
Here are some attributes you should evaluate:
Prospective technology vendors should be able to provide a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer to well-defined business requirements, or a brief explanation for ‘areas of grey.’ And never take a “canned” product demonstration at face value; ask solutions providers to demonstrate how their product will handle your approval workflows or business requirements.
Finally, always validate vendor claims through third-party references.
STEP #4: Justify.
Building a strong business case is the linchpin of any automation project.
A business case for automation should include:
- Hard savings: labor costs and physical document storage and retrieval
- Soft savings: faster cycle times, efficiency improvements and better staff morale
- Risk mitigation: fewer lost receipts, less fraud and streamlined reporting
The hard and soft savings should include conservative, moderate and aggressive estimates.
Once you have built your business case, create a summary page highlighting the hard and soft savings, risk mitigation and the assumptions used to create them. When all these elements are well-defined and properly articulated in a business case, it accelerates senior management approval.
STEP #5: Embrace.
The next step to automating accounts payable is to embrace change management.
Resistance to change is a big challenge in accounts payable departments, where most managers “come up through the ranks” and front-line staff undergo less turnover than other finance functions.
Proactive communications reduce the risk of poor user adoption.
Executive sponsorship also is critical to getting buy-in from frontline users. The sponsor must make it clear to users that the effort is important. The sponsor should understand the challenges that created the need for adopting new technology and the details to justify the technology.
STEP #6: Measure.
Finally, monitor and measure the performance of your new technology on an ongoing basis.
Periodically update stakeholders and senior management on the post-adoption results.
Following the implementation, begin monitoring how the new process is flowing, track the savings in supply costs, and log the reduced number of hours spent by employees, managers and accountants.
By gathering and reporting this data, you can begin to demonstrate the actual return on investment as the new technology is adopted by a greater number of users across your organization.
Automation is a top priority for accounts payable leaders.
The six steps described in this article will help make your automation project painless.
This guest post is brought to you by our Partner Canon Information & Imaging Solutions. Interested in learning more? Download our infographic “9 Reasons AP Needs Intelligent Invoice Capture”.
Looking for resources or assistance in building your business case or evaluating your potential return on investment? Reach out to us to schedule a ROI session or to request a business case template.
EPIQ is a NetSuite Solution Provider, Oracle JD Edwards and Oracle Middleware service provider. We offer a depth of experience and a range of skills not found at generalist consulting companies. Whether you are implementing your first ERP or CRM, or you need specialist skills to augment an already experienced team, EPIQ is the right supply chain partner. Our specialists not only understand technology, they understand business. With office in Los Angeles, CA and Pune, India, we have the global outreach to be able to support today’s global supply chains. A nimble team to accommodate today’s evolving business, we have management consultants with business experience, which helps us understand client needs and address them best. For more information visit: www.epiqinfo.com.
About Canon Information and Imaging Solutions, Inc.
Canon Information and Imaging Solutions, Inc. (CIIS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc., brings together Canon’s world-class imaging technologies and information management expertise to assist organizations in achieving their digital transformation objectives. With a focus on innovation, CIIS’s software development and solutions delivery capabilities scale across several practice areas: Business Process Automation – including Procure-to-Pay & Order-to-Cash automation, Document Solutions, Information Management Services with a focus on content capture, management and collaboration, and Security and Infrastructure Management. With expertise in emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data analytics, CIIS deploys its solutions in partnership with leading technology providers and offers comprehensive consulting and professional services that are trusted by organizations of all sizes. Additional information about the company, its programs and mission can be found at ciis.canon.com.
CIOs and CISOs are often found discussing the “next big move”. With a focus on cost-cutting and process efficiency improvement, these key stakeholders are leaving no stone unturned. From migrating their physical servers to oracle fusion applications to adopting secure coding practices, the CIOs are putting the best foot forward.
On the contrary, Oracle as an industry leader is busy building products that match the need of enterprises without putting a hole in their pockets. With the launch of Oracle Fusion, the organization has changed the game. Unlike other traditional cloud services, this new product is not limited to hosting files on the cloud, it offers access to additional tools that simplify business processes and brings efficiency.
Developed to grab the small-medium business market, Oracle Fusion is a family of software applications that saves SMBs from going extravagant on tool licensing and renewals.
Oracle Fusion is generally divided into two entities:
- Oracle Fusion Middleware: Offers access to qualified software architectures and state-of-the-art hardware to help businesses around complex processes effectively.
- Oracle Fusion Applications: This entity consists of applications used by Fusion users to simplify complex processes. It includes tools like BPM, CRM, GRC, and HCM.
While Fusion is being estimated as the prodigy, Oracle Cloud continues to be everyone’s favourite. The latter offers access to exceptional storage, database, and computing capabilities.
With Oracle Cloud, businesses can free themselves from the worry of handling physical servers. The product was built to help businesses adopt the next big thing in tech and the release of newer versions like EBS R12 have only strengthened the expansion.
With the release of the new Fusion version, customers are a little skeptical; they are unable to identify the best-suited tool for themselves. Going forward we will be discussing key differences between the two tools to facilitate improved decision making.
Here is the list of 10 major differences between Oracle Fusion & Oracle Cloud
- Oracle Fusion tool is the next-generation business application and sooner or later, it is likely to turn all existing Oracle products redundant. While Oracle cloud has released newer versions like EBS R12 but they are nowhere in comparison against fusion’s capabilities.
- The whizz-kid Fusion offers access to the best of Oracle tools whereas the former versions from the organization only provide access to computation, storage, and networking capabilities.
- The Oracle Fusion is more efficient since it follows the SaaS model, where businesses can rely on service-oriented architecture and access all quality tools uninterrupted. The older paradigm is nowhere close to the capabilities of the new tool.
- Oracle middleware services are helping enterprises achieve their planned cost-efficiency by reducing expenditure on software architecture. Oracle cloud still demands users to spend on software and hardware extensively.
- The Fusion version offers an exceptional user experience, innovative, rich, and improved framework. The tool is also equipped with Web 2 features like RSS Feeds, rags, and social media, which are yet to be a possibility for users of Oracle EBS 12.
- Fusion tools from the house of Oracle are offering access to new and improved UI layouts, which are not available in other Oracle products. UI layouts including:
- Global Region, which is always present and consistent.
- Task Region to support important tasks.
- Location Region to support easier transaction entry & management.
- For the first time, Oracle has introduced Analytics. The new dashboard provides access to all requisite information leading to improved and faster decision making. All actions performed can be tracked, measured, and analyzed from here. Dashboards are unavailable in former versions.
- Oracle Cloud has an advantage over Oracle Fusion since the latter doesn’t offer functionalities like manufacturing and call centers; the Fusion version also focuses a lot on horizontal applications instead of industry solutions, which gives the older versions an edge. The cloud version has over the latest product is Encumbrance.
- In the new improved tool, users can move configuration across the instances, which was not possible with previous offerings from Oracle. Also, the newer tool doesn’t require creating multiple COA.
- Oracle Fusion Accounting Hub is an exceptional addition, which is not available in previous tools. Hyperion Financial Management is also embedded in the Fusion version, which is a huge benefit for organizations. It saves costs, improves efficiency, and adds speed to all financial processes.
Oracle JD Edwards services from Epiq has a demonstrated history, where the organization has helped other businesses establish a system and streamline their existing processes to achieve efficiency like never before. With Epiq’s affordable Oracle consulting services, businesses can get ready for running processes on automatic mode. The support guarantees speed improvement, process revamps without disturbing the day-to-day functionalities and with minimum downtime.
Are you tired of using traditional web hosting services with huge downtime? Well, usual web hosting service providers may be cheap and affordable but incessant downtime and lack of security can cost businesses heavily.
If you are actively running an online business or working as a webmaster, you must have encountered Amazon Web Services at least once. AWS is an Amazon subsidiary and is popular for powering gigantic platforms like Netflix, Twitch, LinkedIn, BBC, and Facebook.
Let’s traverse through a list of difference between traditional web hosting services & Amazon web services:
One look at the clientele of Amazon cloud services and you can be sure that it’s the best hosting provider for organizations preparing for a j-curve growth. The likes of Netflix and Facebook rely on AWS because of its unique paradigm through which it allocates bandwidth and supports scaling.
Unlike traditional web hosting services, where scaling requests need to be made manually along with advance payment. With traditional hosting providers, webmasters often experience the performance going down when the overall traffic suddenly climbs.
Unlike traditional cloud hosting services, AWS offer economically sustainable prices. Traditional plans come with hidden charges, where the bandwidth is limited and the space provided on the server is also restricted. With AWS, there’s no such limitation. Businesses can have access to ample space and speed.
To ramp up the platform and adjust additional traffic, all AWS users need to do is pay a little more. The prodigal service provider also allows usage-based costing, which goes a long way in helping businesses that are planning to cut costs.
Traditional web hosting services have spread rumors about AWS being complicated and time-taking. In reality, Amazon cloud services are swift and require no additional knowledge of database management or code integration. With affordable cloud consulting, you can find the right plan for your needs and experience the easy configuration dashboard. Managing and maintaining your website becomes uncomplicated.
In contemporary times, speed is of utmost importance. With Google’s new algorithm “core web vitals” all set for roll-out, it is indispensable that marketing are reducing the loading speed of their websites.
Cloud services from Amazon guarantee a better loading speed than normal web hosting services because of highly optimized servers, immaculate placement of content delivery networks, and other smart integrations.
If speed was an issue with web services from Amazon then tech-aristocrats like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitch would have never collaborated with AWS. Their partnership is long-term and already renewed for numerous years in advance, which advocates the position of AWS in the hosting business.
With the right cloud storage services, you can also equip your business with the requisite attributes like impressive speed, no-downtime, high reliability, and economically sustainability. By listing out differences between traditional web hosting services and Amazon web hosting services, we are trying to help businesses make informed decisions.
EPIQ’s is your long-term partner for AWS cloud consulting with an exceptional record, the organization is here to assist online stores and service providers with quality consulting support. With EPIQ’s expertise and Amazon web services reliability, one can start building the next big internet business and generate impressive revenues.